Strong and innovative technical support has long been a hallmark of the Pierce Laboratory. Some of the many services available to the research staff include:
- 3D Solid Modeling and Design using SolidWorks™
- CAD/CAM Translation using Mastercam™
- Multi-axis High-Speed CNC Machining
- Metal & plastic machining and forming
- Electronics & controls design and fabrication
- PC-board design using Eagle, etc.
- 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping
- Data acquisition, test & measurement design
- Software development, LabView, Matlab, Python, C++, etc…
- Embedded systems, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Microchip PIC, etc.
- Optical system development, integration of light sources, lasers, lenses, mirrors, etc.
- Microscope stage development, biological control stages, automation and control
- Woodworking & finishing
- Materials, adhesives, welding, polishing, grit-blasting
- Fabrication outsourcing: wire EDM, laser cutting, waterjet cutting, coatings, finishing, plating, pc-board fabrication, etc.
Our state-of-the-art engineering and fabrication services combined with proven project management skills provides our customers with exceptional results and delivery times.
The John B. Pierce Laboratory develops many unique instruments and devices which assist our scientists during their novel and innovative research. Our Technical Support Services are available directly to the general scientific community as well. If you would like to discuss your ideas or you have a specific need contact:
Technical Support Services Manager
(203) 562-9901 – ext.223
(203) 535-6741 – Mobile