Strong and innovative technical support has long been a hallmark of the Pierce Laboratory. Some of the many services available to the research staff include:
- 3D Solid Modeling and Design using SolidWorks™
- 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping
- Multi-axis High-Speed CNC Machining
- Metal & plastic machining and forming
- Electronics & controls design and fabrication, pc-board design
- Data acquisition, test & measurement design
- Software development, LabView, Matlab, embedded systems, PIC microcontrollers, etc.
- Optical system development, integration of light sources, lasers, lenses, mirrors, etc.
- Microscope stage development, biological control stages, automation and control
- Woodworking & finishing
- Materials, adhesives, welding, polishing, grit-blasting
- Fabrication outsourcing: wire EDM, coatings, finishing, plating, pc-board fabrication, etc.
State-of-the-art engineering and fabrication services combined with proven project management techniques offer our investigators exceptional in-house capabilities.
The John B. Pierce Laboratory develops many unique instruments and devices which assist our scientists during their novel and innovative research. These devices are now available directly to the scientific community. You may view our catalog of available devices and contact us for pricing.
Technical Support Services Manager
(203) 562-9901 ext.223