Director Emeritus and Fellow Emeritus
The John B. Pierce Laboratory
Telephone: (203) 562-9901,
Harvard College, 1941-1943
MD, Cornell University Medical College, 1946
After interning at The New York Hospital, he was assigned to active duty in the Naval Medical Corps at St. Albans Naval Hospital, then at the U.S. Naval Academy. He was a research fellow in Physiology in Rochester, N.Y. with Dr. Wallace O. Fenn, then a senior assistant resident in Medicine at the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital in Boston. He moved to Philadelphia in 1952 to work with Dr. Julius H. Comroe, Jr., and later Robert E. Forster, M.D., moving up from Assistant Professor to Professor of Physiology and Medicine. From 1974 to 1988 he was Director of the John B. Pierce Foundation Laboratory in New Haven, CT.